[DISCUSS] Is anyone willing to record events?

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Mon Mar 3 18:55:20 UTC 2003

Ned --
Thanks!  I added your suggestions to the Swiki page for the "EventRecorder Enhancement Project" ( http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3067 ).

-----Original Message-----
From: Ned Konz [mailto:ned at bike-nomad.com]
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:22 AM
To: The general-purpose Squeak developers list
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Is anyone willing to record events?

On Monday 03 March 2003 02:35 am, Stephane Ducasse wrote:
> having a working event recorder is ***really*** important.
> So if you want to work on that please do it.
> We could build really powerful demoes wiht that

I started work on one that would be usable from test cases so you
could test UI stuff. But the current EventRecorder isn't exactly the
easiest thing to extend.

One idea: make the events relative to some specified PasteUpMorph, and
make it so they can be played back relative to another. This would
help insulate playbacks from variations in the World layout.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com