Multi-Lingual Squeak, Cathedrals, Bazaars and Fallen Cities.

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Mon Mar 3 18:59:51 UTC 2003

Frank Sergeant <frank at canyon-medical.com> wrote:
> Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> > I'm sorry to disappoint you, Frank, but I don't know where Hannes pulled
> > that out of. There is no such decision.
> >
> > (Some of us think it might be a good idea, but that's not the same as
> > thinking it's doable, which is still not the same as saying that's it's
> > planned date).
>
> No problem for me.  What you say above is the impression I had had from
> reading the list but the Swiki page Hannes pointed me to agreed with his
> statement, so I accepted it.  (If it's written on the web it must be
> true.)

Eh, well - it is a *swiki* page. That means that anyone can change it.
In this case I think Hannes got a bit carried away IMHO with getting
down his ideas on how/what the releases are etc.

I like the ideas in many ways but it would be good if the page either
doesn't contain stuff before we have "cleared" it together - even if the
page says it is a sketch it gets a bit weird if someone just edits it as
he/she wishes, because it looks like it is something we agree on. And
with "we" I don't mean just the Guides.

I just added a horizontal ruler and a little bold line to make it clear
that this is just ONE proposal and that the discussions are on:

http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/79

regards, Göran