[BUG][DVS][Morphic-Games] Error: only integers should be usedas i ndices

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Mar 3 21:25:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Magistrello Alejandro (SFA) wrote:

> Thanks Ned!
>
> i used DVS to create to create the file, after modifyng the
> FilePackageManager-fileOut
> the fileouted file looks better.
>
> Ned, Avi please take a look at the attached method to see if its correct
>
>  <<FilePackageManager-fileOut.st>>

Alejandro,

The LFs are in the DVS output on purpose - CVS needs them (on unix) to
merge properly.  So removing is not the solution.

What *should* happen is DVS should strip the LFs when it loads the file
in.  I think this happens properly if you actually load the file through
DVS, but it obviously doesn't on a normal fileIn.

The best would maybe be to add an "Export" function to DVS that doesn't
use LFs.  One way to do this for now is with

(PackageInfo named: 'MyPackage') fileOut

This uses the basic PackageInfo fileOut mechanism instead of the full DVS,
and I think should keep the line endings correct.  Note that this will
just create a MyPackage.st in the default directory, not in whatever path
DVS knows about.

Avi