[ENH] was: Acessing ImageImports by direct manipulation

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 4 00:06:30 UTC 2003

Hi Scott

thank you for your answer regarding image imports and the
attached changeSet. The graphics browser is just what I need!
It is really handy for populating projects ("slides" / worlds)
effectively.

Just for the record and because it might be interesting for others:
I added a line of code so that the resulting SketchMorph
has as a property giving the name of the file (without the extension)
it was created from.  I will use this name as I create
an html page of the layout of a World and I want to refer to the
graphic by name.

In fact I use Squeak for generating web pages
with DHTML functionality. Squeak objects then correspond to JavaScript
objects which implement certain functions. I know of course
that for a Squeaker like Alan Kay doing such a thing is
like working with MSDOS. He is right in a sense. But at
the moment the product I'm working on has to obey
"standards" so I'm using Squeak as a generator - notably
something which others of us do at the moment as well
(e.g. generating Java class files). And the newer generation
of JavaScript is actually quite nice (1.5).

I changed  GraphicalDictionaryMenu>>handMeOne

"before"

handMeOne
	self currentHand attachMorph: (SketchMorph new form: (formChoices at:
currentIndex))

"after"

handMeOne

	| skm |
	skm _ SketchMorph new form: (formChoices at: currentIndex).

	skm setNamePropertyTo: self nameOfGraphic.

	self currentHand attachMorph: skm

Then I can access the name of the SketchMorph by
   #knownName
anytime

Thanks again - your post just came in at a perfect time.

Cheers

-- Hannes