[Q] CMS/Swiki development

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Mar 4 17:27:57 UTC 2003

Hi

I plan to develop a kind of Swiki that is more what I want (nothing
against swiki, but it's not really the thing I want :-) I think the best
is with commanche.

1) What would you say is the best starting point (It should be faster
than swiki)?
- start from scratch
- change the existing swiki
- build with seaside

2) What do you say about regular expressions. Is the plugin build in in
the default VM or does the admin has to compile a new VM? Then I had to
use Streams.

Here's what I want.
- (Commanche) sessions
- pages sit in a tree (swiki has a graph structure)
- userlogin
- permissions (from user to admin)
- permissions are bound to a user/page combination and are
   inherited down the tree.
- Squeakcode in <squeak> ^'Hello World!' </squeak>
- only few special characters like
- ... other points

about users
- User		can see additional infos
- Editor	can edit existing pages
- Author	can create new pages
- Root		can do everything
it should be easy to integrate new Userschemes

Regards
            Chris Burkert

PS: I built something similar in PHP (running on my Homepage) but PHP
suckz! So the important question is 1)
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de