[Q] CMS/Swiki development

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Mar 4 20:03:21 UTC 2003

Hi,

Lukas  (and some of us for the design review) is building a really
powerful wiki named SmallWiki
in VisualWorks (using Swazoo but Comanche can be plugged in too, SIXX
(available on all platform),
SmaCC (available on all platform). The idea is to start with VW but
with the idea in mind that it will be
cross platform for the common features.

The idea behind SmallWiki is to have a open and well designed Wiki
(everything is an object no *^&*^*&^XML string just objects). We
already have multiple renderer for the look, we have visitors to
perform all kinds of cool thing (rendreding, checking, glossary...)
We have tests for everything ;).

We were thinking and discuss with Avi to integrate/change to have a
SeaSide integration.

There will be a first alpha release soon.

So I suggest you to contact lukas to get a pre alpha version: there is
a good non commercial version and you get a excellent package
mechanisms.
Lukas is currently working on a primitive storage mechanism, and
plugging the security model  modeled.
Lukas is expert in Zope so he knows what he do not want to have :)

Lukas could you create a first web page or have a schedule so that alex
creates a wiki on our wonderful solaris machines. Lukas did a
presentation but in SmallWiki during the last SqueakNic.
We should have SmallWiki running soon (a week).

We will publish it into the public store repository so everybody will
be able to have it and
our plans are to integrate (YES YES) integrate extensions people (if
they are well designed, pass SmallLint and have tests) else you can
always have your extensions extending SmallWiki.

Note that our intention is to build a synergy around SmallWiki. We will
also use SmallWiki for the lectures here at Berne and student will
extend it and the best extensions will be provided.

So if you want to have a look and join forces, just contact lukas

Stef

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/