BlockContext serialization

Stéphane Rollandin hepta at zogotounga.net
Tue Mar 4 21:42:55 UTC 2003

>I changed Connectors from using blocks to using MessageSends when I
>realized that I wanted to serialize small numbers of Morphs (instead
>of whole projects).

... which is good since I rely a lot on Connectors :)

>Aren't Anthony's blocks capable of being serialized?

it seems that they are not.
after installing the Closure Compiler, I get the same error, from there (in
BlockContext):

storeDataOn: aDataStream
         "Contexts are not allowed go to out in DataStreams.  They must be
included inside an ImageSegment."

         aDataStream insideASegment ifTrue: [^ super storeDataOn: aDataStream].

         self error: 'This Context was not included in the ImageSegment'.
                 "or perhaps ImageSegments were not used at all"
         ^ nil

Stef