Squeak and Active Objects

Eric Merritt cyberlync at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 01:56:13 UTC 2003

I just realized that this isn't really possible with
the way thread scheduling is currently implemented. In
a perfect senario all objects would have at least some
chance to run regardless of priority.

 In the current scheduling implementation if two
objects are at the same priority (and neither yield,
sleep, etc) then one will be strangled :(

Anyone have any ideas? I am not sure I have the
cahones to play around with the scheduler.

(http://www.mozart-oz.org/documentation/tutorial/node11.html#section.obj