[DOCS] Swiki color codes (was RE: Wiki refactoring)

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Wed Mar 5 12:02:39 UTC 2003

Doug Way <dway at riskmetrics.com> wrote:
> > Yes, i know about the color codes, but you can't search colors
> > categories and the number of categories are fixed right now.
>
> I have to admit that I never notice the color codes and don't find them
> particularly useful.  I've probably created a bunch of pages with the
> wrong color code. :-)
>
> - Doug Way

No problem, the documentation team will take care of this ....

The color codes were introduced later so many of the pages
do not have the correct code yet.

However it is one of the tools for structuring the content
we have at hand at the moment.

Chris Burkert from the documentation team has been going
systematically starting at page one. He is now at page 600.

His estimate is the following

 50% of the pages are personal pages and pages link collections to them
 30% garbage or redundant information
 20% valuable documentation

The swiki has 3000 pages, so we roughly have 600 pages of valuable
documentation.

The color code we have at the moment are

- Miscellaneous
- Personal Page
- Documentation    <<-- green
- Project / Enhancement
- Discussion / Vision
- Off-topic

So the most valuable thing I'd like to suggest is marking the pages with
*real* documentation with the green title bar. This will allow us later
to do an automatic extract of the texts written there and transfer it
into other formats.

-- Hannes