Squat progress report

Craig Latta craig.latta at netjam.org
Wed Mar 5 20:01:27 UTC 2003

Hi Stephen--

> What I would like to see is the squat image versioned, followed by an
> effort to start packaging up subsystems in the base Squeak system
> such that they can be loaded into a squat image. Some sort of
> infrastucture to be able to do that in an automated fashion from some
> sort of configuration description could be built along the way.

	That's the plan! :)  For my own work, I'm hoping that said description
can be provided in a live conversation with another Squeak system, not
only from static file bits (although I'd like that to be an option).

> Once you've got a reasonable 1.0 version of the squat image, I would
> like to take on a subsystem or two from base squeak and make it loadable
> in the squat image.

	Excellent.

> Also, I think such a process is likely to be the most viable path
> to get to a modularized squeak.

	I agree (although I don't yet think it's going to be any easier than
previous efforts :).

	thanks,

-C

--