[FIX] (was Re: [BUG] Scamper doesn't save a swiki page])

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Thu Mar 6 00:13:48 UTC 2003

I just ran across this bug too.

Actually, there are a couple of bugs here.  It actually does save the swiki
page when you submit it in Scamper, it just messes up the redirect (as Lex
says) so that you don't see the updated page.

But the bigger problem is that it munges the title of the page to something
like "#4".  And then you don't notice what happened because you don't see the
updated page.  This probably explains why the Sandbox page on the Swiki often
ends up with its title munged, and I've seen other pages messed up by the same
problem.  This should really be fixed since a newbie can easily bring up Swiki
pages in Scamper by clicking on links in the Welcome window, and then might be
tempted to try editing.

There was a fix posted last summer by Kazuhiro ABE for the title munging
problem, which is actually a general problem with submitting text input forms
in Scamper.  His original post didn't include the [FIX] tag, so I'm reposting
it now.

- Doug Way