[Squeakfoundation]Stewards and Squeak Packages

Brent Vukmer bvukmer at blackboard.com
Thu Mar 6 22:07:44 UTC 2003

Goran, Cees --

Thanks for taking a look!  Your edits are very helpful.

I assumed pretty much everything I wrote on those 3 pages would be heavily edited :)  I just wanted to get the ball rolling by creating at least a 0.1 draft of the Swiki pages...

Goran:

1. Definition of "Core packages"
     --No argument.  I tried to indicate that talking about "core" packages in 3.4 is pretty ambigous.
     --I liked Cees's note
2. Lists of classes/categories
     --These lists were intended to be a throw-away first draft, as I tried to indicate
     ----I hope/expect that the community will edit those pages and make 'em more accurate and helpful
     --It was helpful to me, at least, to get an initial idea of the possible package boundaries
3. Becoming a steward
    --I tried to indicate that becoming a Steward is not automatic by *any means* ( see http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3090 )
    --Thanks for editing http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3070

Are the MCP the collective Steward for Morphic, yet? Ditto KCP for the Kernel?

Thanks,
Brent