[DOCS] about swiki updating (was RE: [Squeakfoundation]Stewards and Squeak Packages)

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se goran.hultgren at bluefish.se
Fri Mar 7 15:30:00 UTC 2003

Hi all!

Hannes Hirzel <hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch> wrote:
> goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
>
> > I am just tired of redundant swiki pages forgotten by the author that
> > aren't up to date.
>
> The member of the documentation team agree with this:
>
> For this reason we are going through these pages.
> In specific cases we contact the original author and ask him for an
> update if we can't do it  ourselves.
> We mark some of the pages as "outdated" and the
> content of some of them is just deleted and a mark
> *recyleMe* is added.

Yes, don't get me wrong - I really like this effort. I just get nervous
when new pages are added... :-) You all know what I mean. I don't want
to see this cleanup turn into a "one shot" thing and then in a year or
two we are back in the same mess...

> Anybody who has done swiki pages in the past and hasn't
> updated them recently  is welcomed to help
> with this updating effort.

I agree - I will also try to chip in a bit. The SqueakMap stuff really
need better info.

regards, Göran