[Q] Porting from VW to Squeak

Chris Burkert christian.burkert at s2000.tu-chemnitz.de
Fri Mar 7 16:06:14 UTC 2003

Hi

There is a nice discussion at the newsgroup about porting squeak code to
VW. I would like to do the opposite, port a VW (2.5) application to
squeak and I guess, some of you did this before and could tell me some
thoughts about this.

Are there pages, documents, papers about this topic and where?

What is the usal way to do this? Do you just open a new changeset and
file it in and then refactor all the errors from the debugger massages
or do you use tricks? :-)

Are there good tools/browser for doing this?

Is it in general better to create a new UI in Morphic or would you
search for the equivalent classes to the VW classes?

thanks in advance
            Chris Burkert
Student of applied Computer Science at Chemnitz University of Technology
      http://www.chrisburkert.de/            chris at chrisburkert.de