[Q] Porting from VW to Squeak

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 7 16:24:16 UTC 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 08:06 am, Chris Burkert wrote:

> What is the usal way to do this? Do you just open a new changeset
> and file it in and then refactor all the errors from the debugger
> massages or do you use tricks? :-)
>
> Are there good tools/browser for doing this?

First, make sure that the line endings are right. I have some VW code
that ended up in the StarBrowser distribution that had linefeeds
originally, then they got stripped, now these methods are a mess.

There are some tools in the image that you can use before blindly
filing something in.

One is the changes browser. You can look for conflicts with other
changesets and select just the changes you want to file in.

Another is the code browser.

> Is it in general better to create a new UI in Morphic or would you
> search for the equivalent classes to the VW classes?

I think you'd probably be better off making a new UI.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com