[Q] Porting from VW to Squeak

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Fri Mar 7 15:26:34 UTC 2003

In my experience working on the Squeak port of the RB to Squeak, it was
that it's easier to understand what's supposed to happen, and rewrite it
in Morphic, than to fit the UI concepts in the RB, based on VW framework
into morphic. Part of that was because the RB had some non-trivial UI
features like UML drawing and so forth that are not easily portable.
Just writing something that does a (small, but important) subset of
these was easier.

But it might be different now, or maybe BobsUI would make it easier, I
don't know.

Daniel