[DOCS] Swiki as a reference manual?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 7 19:18:20 UTC 2003

Rather than using the swiki (and thus needing to go via http and
rendering it) why not stick to the older and not yet tried out
suggestion of making a simple interface to the sqdb.squeak.info
database Duane Maxwell set up?
I suspect a fairly simple change to browser code can arrange to fetch
any appropriate entry IFF the network is open and to send any new or
changed entry.
I'd further suggest that it might be smart to keep _all_ entries (just
concatenate them for example) on the server and allow some reviewer to
occasionally merge/edit them into a single entry. This would allow
anyone to offer what they thought might be an improvement without
allowing rampant overwriting without any sort of editorial process.

tim
tim at sumeru.stanford.edu