[BUG] Can't move squeak's (mascot) ear.

Alan Ferguson jit at memeticdrift.net
Fri Mar 7 21:40:13 UTC 2003

That little bug I noticed with squeak's (the mascot) ear got me
digging around  in classes and I learned that squeak has the ability
to read flash files.  I didn't know that before. Too Cool! Also the
mascot is rendered using those classes.

It appears that the FlashShapeMorph that is the mascot's ear has a
transform matrix as instance variable and it's not initialized (ie: nil)
so when I try to drag the ear, the nil gets sent a message and up pops
"MessageNotUndertood: offset" error.  I'm a bit over my head, as i don't
know much about the morph framework, the Flash extentions to morpth
or even, flash swf files im kinda stumped but I am learning how things
fit together. Which is my real goal.  Errr... So expect a fix any year
now.

BTW: if you have a cool flash demo that will work in squeak, this page
needs some TLC. http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1651  The do-it
demo points to a url that has the 404 blues.