Tools, Procedures & Real Work

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 7 21:26:47 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 18:14, diegogomezdeck at consultar.com wrote:
> I see *too* much effort in creating procedures, tools, etc. but *too* few
> real work.

So stop posting and get to work ;-}

But I disagree - it seems that after getting 3.4 out (Real Work done
there!) we're pausing and looking what we need infrastructure-wise in
able to keep moving. That's good. What I also like is that, so far, we
are excellent in keeping things lightweight. We're not drafting up Big
Tools, but trying to reuse what's there.

I think the community is making excellent progress in organizing itself.
In fact, if anyone wants to do an article on how 'chaordic' organization
works, I'll refer them to the mail archives of the last 6 months here.

We cannot just stumble forward, Diego - there's a gigantic amount of
work in front of the community, and *some* bit of groundwork needs to be
done. So far (and looking at all the goodies, fixes, SqueakMap packages
popping up left and right) I think it is not *too* much and real
progress is being made.

I do agree that we should be nearing the end ;-)