[FIX] MethodReferenceHashFix-dgd ([sm] [cd] changes based on Daniel's comments)

diegogomezdeck at consultar.com diegogomezdeck at consultar.com
Sat Mar 8 11:26:54 UTC 2003

New trial.

> A few comments I have -
> 1. I think it's usually better to separate tests out more into separate
> methods, using setUp to create the required common fixtures (commonly
> used values, held in instance variables). That way it's more obvious
> what is broken, and it's better documentation of the intention of the
> test.

It's a subjective point.  The test I submitted has a "line of thinking"
from 2 equals objects to 2 different ones.  In this case I prefer to show
all the posibilities in 1 method.

Anyway I splited the test in 2 tests: #testEquals and #testNotEquals.

> 2. #hash is strangely formatted.

I use prettyprint. But the prettyprint option don't store the code after
changing it but before. So you see the formatting but it's not stored.

Anyway I create another version of #hash.

> 3. It's probably better if people separate the Test changeset from the
> fix changeset. This makes a few things easier -
> * we can load the test before the fix, to see it break, and then load
> the fix.
> * they can easily be harvested separately (test now - fix after rework,
> or test into test package - fix into update).

Done!

> Note that the fix works just fine, came with a test, and is simple -
> it's generally very good, needs just a little polish. Most of the
> reason it's rejected is that it's important to raise our awareness of
> what makes work for the harvesters, so that future stuff is nearer
> perfect.

Let's try now.

> Thanks, Diego.
> Daniel