Process, harvesting, getting your favorite things in the image

Daniel Vainsencher danielv at netvision.net.il
Sun Mar 9 05:01:23 UTC 2003

Joshua 'Schwa' Gargus <schwa at cc.gatech.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 12:13:39PM +0300, Daniel Vainsencher wrote:
> > - Raise our standards. You'll note that one of the tags that we really
> > want people to use is the SLint tool. Yes, it's a new tool, but it often
> > brings to one attention things like "now that you mention it, maybe a
> > shorter method would be better". So please, use the tags. Even for a
> > very short update such as Diegos MethodReference fix, it drew my
> > attention to it.
>
> The first was clear.  Reading the second makes sense, but I'm not sure
> that I explicitly realized it before your email.
Yes, I often find that people don't telepathically understand what I
mean from the snippets that actually say. Haven't found where to file a
bug report about that... ;-)

> What about an [su] tag if SUnit tests are included or if the changeset
> passes relevant existing SUnit tests?
[su] sounds like a good idea, I'd like to sharpen it's meaning to "is
covered by tests, and passes them", whether the tests are included or
not. The details part should describe the tests if new, or point at the
source for an existing set, so that further reviewers can decide for
themselves whether they really cover the code properly.

Daniel