Proposal to get to the triad

PhiHo Hoang phiho.hoang at rogers.com
Sun Mar 9 17:48:16 UTC 2003

Tim is wildly believed to have written:

> The pain I refer to is that many of the above would make for a cut in
> the backwards compatability story of squeak. Right now we can just about
> run images back to 1.3 or whatever on current VMs. After a change in CM
> format that would no longer be true.

    I do not see any problems regarding backwards compatibility.

<PLUG>

    Currently MobVM just sniffs at the image then loads the appropriate
    MegaInterpreter, or YAT (Yet Another Triad, tm ;-)  Interpreter,
    ObjectMemory, Primitives plugins to run either VI4 or VI3 images.

</PLUG>

> Personally I think that it would be worth it but other people
> (admittedly demented people lacking in intelligence :-) )
> might disagree.

    Yes, I hurrily agree ;-)

    I also think that it's worth it and the time to do it is now. ;-)

    Consequently, I also think that it's worth it to have,
    at the least, MegaInterpreter plugin.

    An ObjectMemory plugin might prove useful as well.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.