Squeak cooperation for Croquet

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Mon Mar 10 04:19:57 UTC 2003

I just wanted to make a comment as the discussions go forward for the
future direction of Squeak.

It would be nice if those who are working on Croquet and those working
toward the future vision of Squeak collaborated or cooperated in order
to have as much possible synergy between the projects.

What can we as the Squeak community do to cooperate with and provide
assistance on in Squeak that is part of our goals and also those of the
Croquet team?

What can we do which enables the Croquet team to focus on their task?

I am not saying that we have to necessarily go out of our way to do the
work they want to do or are doing, but in those areas in which we
travelling together in the same direction can we come along side and
assist. What tasks can we do to help?

I personally look forward to seeing where Croquet goes. I think we will
all benefit from the fruit of that project.

What in our cleanup and restructuring of Squeak will profit and enable
the Croquet team?

Just wanted to toss these thoughts out into the public arena.

Jimmie Houchin