[BUG][Whisker Browser] "revert to this version" doesn't appear to work

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Mon Mar 10 04:38:28 UTC 2003

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 10:39 AM, Brent Vukmer wrote:

> I click on the method name and then on the version I want to revert
> to, and then select "revert to this version".  As far as I can tell,
> nothing happens...

As far I as know, it does work, but there are some limitations.  When I
try it, it does revert to the selected version, but it does not update
the list or the method pane contents properly.  You'll need to collapse
the version list and re-expand it to see that it actually has updated.

Hmm, I could have sworn it used to update the list the last time I
tried it awhile ago... I know it does an "update" after reverting.
Actually, it looks like the "update" menu item just plain isn't working
right now in the class panes.  It works fine in the class-hierarchy &
class-category panes.  Oh well, I'll have to look into that sometime
soon.

Which reminds me, I meant to include this list of "known
bugs/limitations" in my original [ANN]ouncement:

Known bugs/limitations:

- 'update' menu does not work yet for updating added/removed toplevel
hierarchy items, such as new/deleted class categories
- 'update' menu does not update method contents either; it only updates
the hierarchy panes (class panes, class hierarchy/category panes)
- window look does not really match the alternativeWindowLook
preference, oh well
- double-clicking titlebar in left-hand panes doesn't collapse properly
- type inference stuff should probably be moved to a separate
changeset, and the complete Whisker install could be a SAR

> Whisker Browser ROCKS, by the way.  This is the first time I've used
> it -- I like it!

Thanks, glad you like it. :-)

- Doug Way