bye...

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Mon Mar 10 16:41:12 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 March 2003 08:30 am, Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent)
wrote:
> I suggest that we not confuse "strong typing" with "static typing".
> Smalltalk is not statically typed, but it is strongly typed.  Java
> and C++ (to the best of my knowledge) are both strongly and
> statically typed.
>
> In my opinion
>
>         "Strong typing" is good,
>         "Static typing" is bad,
>         "Garbage collection" is good
>
> for the types of work I usually do.  Your mileage may vary.

C++ is not usually strongly typed. There is some support for type IDs
but they aren't universal.

I'm still amazed that there aren't more people using garbage
collectors with C++, considering that there are some excellent ones
available.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com