[Win32][ANN][TEST][VM] Yet another Win32 VM (3.4.2)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon Mar 10 19:23:28 UTC 2003

PhiHo,

>     MobVM InterpreterProxy has been at 1.5 since 3.2.3 and that
>     proxy already included the 64bit int values.

So how comes that http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2711 (the only source I
have access to) gives me code that looks like the following:

#if VM_PROXY_MINOR > 4
	struct GenericPlugin	*genericPlugin	 ;

	char*		interpreterVersion ;
	int*		atCache;
	int*		iSizeAtCacheAdr ;
[...]

Not what I would expect for a 1.5 proxy. Considering that you wrote:

>    P.S: FWIW, I unzipped Squeak 3.4.2 to the same directory
>           where I tested MobVM which includes SqM.exe and
>           a thousand or so plugins ;-)

can you say which ones may have been built against the "normal" vs. the
above 1.5 proxy?

>     Hey, why would I want to do this, and the problem is not
> 	in the proxy.

That, I think, still stands to reason.

Cheers,
  - Andreas