[ENH] LongMenus-nk

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Mon Mar 10 23:14:21 UTC 2003

Hmm, doesn't work very well for me. I like the general idea but I get
both buttons on a single line near but not at the bottom of the menu.
Using the cited example of the morph alphabetic listings submenus I
don't seem to get the expected behaviour at all.

If possible I'd rather see large menus get a scrollbar. That way one can
have a little more control over the scrolling. The similar style of
'arrow at the bottom' menu I keep seeing on my pBook irritates the hell
out of me because they zoom up or down at uncontrollable speed and mean
you almost always miss what you want. In a sense I think one should
argue that a very long menu is not, in fact, a menu at all but a
temporarily displayed list view with a buttonclick action that involves
it being removed. Unless of course we get really smart and... oh never
mind, RiscOS rant abandoned.

ti
Strange OpCodes: GSI: Garble Subsequent Instruction