Squeak mini-meta-FAQ

Doug Way dway at riskmetrics.com
Tue Mar 11 07:14:13 UTC 2003

Thanks for taking initiative on this one, Goran.  I was actually
planning on working on something similar quite awhile ago, but I never
quite got to it.  (See
http://swiki.squeakfoundation.org/squeakfoundation/22 )

A few quickie comments:

> Squeak mini-meta-FAQ
> ==========================

I'd probably just go with Mini-FAQ (or maybe Meta-FAQ).  Mini-meta-FAQ
sounds a bit too cute. :-)

> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/471	- The Squeak FAQ
> 		Do I need to tell you what to do with it?

Since this mini-FAQ is for ultra-newbies, maybe a little less smart-ass
here, too. ;-)  I actually remember sometime about 15 years ago running
across "FAQ"s on usenet and being annoyed by not knowing what the f***
"FAQ" stood for. :-)  (I eventually did figure it out.)  But maybe
something helpful and smart-ass at the same time would be okay:

http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/471	- The Squeak FAQ
              If you think you have a frequently asked question about
Squeak, it's probably answered here!

I agree with Daniel's comments that the links to the Guide
Roles/Modularized pages are probably more detail than is necessary for
a Mini-FAQ, the Guides link should be sufficient.  Maybe add a comment
that the Guides are working on modularizing the image among other
things.

- Doug Way