Process, harvesting, getting your favorite things in the image

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Tue Mar 11 07:47:57 UTC 2003

"Richard A. O'Keefe" <ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> "Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:
> 	As I understand it, people submitting fixes or enhancements
> 	don't need to put any extra tags on the subject line of their email.
>
> The "su" tag is clearly one that _would_ be provided by the submitted.
>
> 	It's the folks that *comment* on fixes or enhancements, who are
> 	particularly encouraged to use the QA tags.
>
> And waiting for such comments can do nothing but slow the harvesting
> process down.

No I think it speeds it up. Commenting on a long forgotten post (2..6
months
old) by sending a mail to the list brings the original post again to
attention
and at least bears the message that another person is interested in
having
the fix included. No steps (except perhaps SUnit test) in addition to
what
would have been made anyway are included in the enhanced harvesting
process.

-- Hannes