Squeak mini-meta-FAQ

mikevdg at hetnet.nl mikevdg at hetnet.nl
Tue Mar 11 13:14:00 UTC 2003

Hi all.

goran.hultgren at bluefish.se wrote:
> (Note to all: this is a first draft - perhaps we could stuff it into a
> Swiki page and then somehow schedule to get it posted once a week? Just
> an idea, if you all think this is a pretty daft idea then we can forget
> about it)

Wouldn't it be better to put this information on the www.squeak.org site? It's kind of stuff that newbies (like me) need to know, and www.squeak.org is basically the entrance to the Squeak world. I personally think there should be a "developers" section on the web-site with information about the harvesters, the guides, how to submit changes, links to important docs, links to the sourceforge site?, coding style... etc.

I also think that the swiki's are important enough to have direct links from the main homepage.

> Just to name two of the most important pages on the Squeak swiki:
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/471	- The Squeak FAQ
> 		Do I need to tell you what to do with it?
>
> http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/398 - How to submit bugs, fixes and enhancements:
> 		Very important to read before doing a blunder like say posting code simply copied into an email. :-)

These pages should really be linked from www.squeak.org somewhere. Especially the FAQ.

Michael.