I want to document but I need to learn first!

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Mar 11 21:27:12 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 11 March 2003 12:52 pm, Jerry Balzano wrote:
> There is no "include" there that I can see!  And so you
> shouldn't be surprised that I therefore don't fully understand your
> "pseudocode".  For the record, it seems to me (and it seemed to my
> Stagecast Creator - literate teachers) that having a character
> create another character should be more straightforward than this
> in any case.  Do you not agree?

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your message; it's obviously stirred up some interesting

About this question (NOTE: I am not an eToys expert!)

The "include:" is in the "collections" vocabulary of Playfield/Holder,
at least in 3.4. The method itself is dated 2/3/2002, so if you have
an older version you may not have seen it.

As far as making another character, "burger copy" is as easy as I can
imagine. Sticking it into "temp" is a bit obscure; you could also go

fastfood include: burger copy

but then you'd have no way to refer to the new burger.

If there were a name: method, it might be handier:

burger copy name: 'fred'
fred's x <- smiley's x + 50
fred's y <- smiley's y

Prototypes are an important part of eToys, as far as I can tell.

What would make this easier?

Thanks,
--
Ned Konz