Squeak news news

Stephane Ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Mar 12 19:16:01 UTC 2003

Hi tansel

I'm happy to hear about you. I have an article about seaside for you
but in french :)
You know my style not representative of what I'm ;) (luckily ;))

I was just sad that Squeak News "relative failure" would hamper other
to start the same
idea but our wonderful community is not mad at you. So perfect.

By the way I was not at the origin of the web related information but
this is not
important at all.

I think that having a media in Squeak about squeak is really important.

Stef

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 04:37 PM, Tansel wrote:

> [...]
> makes
> you stronger" is true. Even though the grim war clouds are still on
> us, I am
> almost able to shake most of mine and very ready to be back in the
> game. I
> have been waiting for this for more than a year.
>
> During this period I have received several emails from the subscribers
> and enthusiasts so embarrasingly encouraging and praising, It seems I
> do not
> have the luxury of not continuing Squeak News, it simply must be
> continued,
> and should at least repeat or enhance its standard, that is what this
> community deserves.
>
> In the last 6 months I have been steadily networking local people
> dragging
> them from their chairs to set up a new and more powerful organization
> than
> the fragile-one person dependent Squeak News. I just wanted to make
> sure
> that when we continue there should be no gap or excuse to stop in the
> middle
> again. We have almost completed this task and will go on air with the
> new
> organization before the end of this month.
>
> Stef, I don't have answers for some of your questions, I guess
> everyone will
> judge by themselves on those issues. I would have preferred that you
> emailed
> me personally to raise your concerns as other concerned people did, but
> I guess styles of people are different. I still owe you thanks for your
> initial encouragement and help.

> March,
> updated
>
> Oh, that was because the date on the server was incorrect when the
> page was
> posted. This is our new beefed up server in service only for a month
> now, so
>
> that page is only about a month old.
>
> Best,
>
> Tansel
>

>> In case Tansel is reading - Ditto.
>>
>> And I don't think there's anything preventing anyone from putting out
>> CD with editorial and other content commercially. It might be a better
>> idea to pay-as-we-go per issue, but for quality as good, at a
>> reasonable
>> price, my money's still on the table.
>>
>> Daniel

> in
> year.
> March,
> updated
> about
> fine
>>>
>>> Nicely said!
>>>
>>> I hope that Tansel is doing well, and look forward to his future
> contributions.
>>> As for the past, I am very happy with the SqueakNews editions that I
> received.
>>> I consider it money very well spent regardless of what may happen in

Prof. Dr. Stéphane DUCASSE (ducasse at iam.unibe.ch)
http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
different? ...  especially if,
  by doing something different, today might not be your last day on
earth" Calvin&Hobbes

"The best way to predict the future is to invent it..." Alan Kay.

Open Source Smalltalks: www.squeak.org,
www.gnu.org/software/smalltalk/smalltalk.html
Free books for Universities at
http://www.esug.org/sponsoring/promotionProgram.html