A sort-of status report, and a newbie cry for help.

Eddie Cottongim cottonsqueak at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 21:25:21 UTC 2003

My measurements:

VM 3.4.2, Windows 2000, P3-600, 640mb ram:

Dragging the image onto Squeak.exe takes 1.5 seconds.

Double clicking Squeak.exe and letting it find the image (only one in this
directory) takes 16.5 seconds.

Hmm!

I did this several times, so disk access speed should not be a factor. I
turned on printerzilla and it didn't make a difference. During this 'hang
time' Squeak isn't using any cpu, and its only got about 1 meg allocated
(goes to 28 megs once it finishes loading).

Eddie