ComancheNG

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at texoma.net
Wed Mar 12 23:01:51 UTC 2003

Is Comanche(NG) http 1.1 or just 1.0?

If not 1.1, what does it lack to up make it so?
Is it in the current plans? Is it important?

I am really looking forward to digging into learning Comanche for web
development. I hope Stephen's refactoring will make that a more
pleasurable experience. Hopefully better performance too. :)

Warning: Naive questions follow. :)

I've seen a variety of discussions on socket code rewriting in the past.
What is the current state of Squeak sockets? especially on Linux.

I see Michael Rueger's Network rewrite on SM but there's no date so I
can't tell how old or current it is.

Would there be a significant impact on Comanche performance going
through the different socket implementations? ie: MR's, socket, flow, etc...

Has anybody tried the different socket implementations?
Has anybody benchmarked the different socket implementations outside of
Comanche?

How hard would it be to hook up Göran's HttpView to ComancheNG?

Enough questions for now.

Any input gratefully appreciated.

Thanks.

Jimmie Houchin