[Q] Testing SPrevayler / Developing SPrevayler

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Mar 13 20:26:27 UTC 2003

Hi Marco

As I mentioned in my last mail (on 03/03/03), I'd like to help to improve
and write tests.

I don't know if you are aware of this:
There is a limitation which we will have to solve to make SPrevayler usable:
If you log messages with other domain objects as arguments (what you often
do), each object which is reachable by this object is also serialized to
disk! So, if you have a large domain model, it is not uncommon that one
object has indirect refererences to hundreds of other objects. And these
will all be logged... A solution may be to use IDs as Avi mentioned earlier.

Generally, I like the idea of Prevayler to have a very simple persistence
for not too large models.
I started a very simple implementation of a bank account system with tests.
How do you want to go on?
There may be other interested people willing to help a little bit?

Adrian

Adrian Lienhard
www.adrian-lienhard.ch
www.netstyle.ch