Freeing Squeak (license-wise)

Jarvis, Robert P. (Contingent) Jarvisb at timken.com
Thu Mar 13 20:37:17 UTC 2003

IANAL

If the Squeak community wants a truly "free" Squeak then the Squeak
community is going to have to rewrite Squeak to eliminate any and all code
and objects inherited from Xerox, Apple, and Disney.  I think this is the
"path of least risk".  Until this is done in a documentable fashion Squeak
will always have Xerox, Apple, and Disney looming over it like
thunderclouds.

Bob Jarvis
Compuware @ Timken

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not forward, copy, print, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company