File locking primitives?

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 14 14:57:42 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 02:12, Cees de Groot wrote:
> As far as I can see, the current VM does not support locking - are
> there patches roaming the net? If not, would someone be inclined to help
> me add it for non-posix platforms?

On order to be able to at least test with locking, I wanted to do a
quick interface to lockf() with FFI. I just went forward and was a bit
surprised when I got a coercion error - being used to VW, I sort of
assumed the fileID instvar of FileStream to be the OS-level file handle
;-).

Is there a way to get to the underlying file handle from a fileID? I've
looked through the plugin code, but I still think I'm missing something
(ie where are all the sqWriteFile, ... defined?)