OmniBase

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Fri Mar 14 19:17:26 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 19:16, Ned Konz wrote:
> > Now, I want to enhance the file plugin with a locking primitive.
> > Are the posix lockf() semantics available on all the platforms?
>
> Probably not.

Probably I need to tell what lockf() does first, judging all the
negative answers where I know at least some of then (Win32) are wrong
;-).

lockf() locks or unlocks a range of bytes at the current position in the
given file descriptor. The lock operation blocks.

That's all. Now, I believe it will not be available on WinCE, but you're
hardly going to attach multiple Squeak images to the same database files
on CE, do you? So it is not very bad when they are stubbed out on some
platforms.

I'm almost done preparing a first 'sneak preview' release.

Regards,

Cees