[UPDATES] 2 fixes for 3.5alpha

Hannes Hirzel hannes.hirzel.squeaklist at bluewin.ch
Sat Mar 15 14:47:39 UTC 2003

Daniel Vainsencher <danielv at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> Create an SM package that the tester can load. We're probably removing
> SUnit itself from the image (so people can easily use 3.1, from SM)

Yes that would be more convenient. At the moment testing means

- get a fresh image
- load SqueakMap
- Load  SUnit 3.0 removal
- Add SUnit 3.1
- Add tests

This would remove one step while at the same time avoid possible
confusion.

Marcus Denker  created a SqueakMap entry to a package in which he
collects tests sent to the list with a [TEST] tag.

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/300e6bb1-214c-4258-bc73-dee8
b11cca9c

The procedure before releasing an image includes loading SUnit, the
tests available and running SUnit.

There is actually the ANSI test suite maintained by Alain Fischer. After
test suite and gets an additional 2830 test.

http://map2.squeakfoundation.org/sm/package/d3d77bbb-00e4-481f-b38a-9329
d813456c

says for 3.4

(2830 run, 2803 passed, 27 failed, 0 errors)

Although the image release will not include the ANSI compatibility
package the test result is an important indication if something has been
broken doing a new release.

-- Hannes