WANTED: Volunteer to write tests for ZipArchive and FileDirectory

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Mar 15 18:41:33 UTC 2003

Ned Konz <ned at bike-nomad.com> wrote:

> Here's a great opportunity for someone wanting to contribute to
> Squeak.
It certainly is!
> What we need is *platform independent* SUnit tests for:
>
> * directory creation
> * directory deletion
> * directory enumeration
> * directory existence testing

should include testing for existence of subdirectories and creation of
trees at least three levels deep (you'd be amazed how often one or two
doesn't catch problems).
include removal of directories empty, with files and with subdirectories
enumerate directories that are empty, with files, with subdirectories,
with links if applicable.
test for existence of absolute and relative paths (ie FileDirectory
default directoryNamed:'foo' and FileDirectory default
directoryNamed:'/blah/foo' etc - this varies widely so far as I can work
out.
Similar batch of tests for file creation/deletion/existence/name
mangling etc.

Aside from anything else I suspect that attempting to make these tests
will serve to confirm that we really need to completely rework the whole
area. It's a mess. As I'm sure Craig would point out, Flow may very well
be a better option.

tim
Strange OpCodes: BIB: Branch If Branch if branch...