release scope names (was "Kernel/Coder/Carnival")

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Mon Mar 17 01:05:08 UTC 2003

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:51:30 +1200 (NZST), "Richard A. O'Keefe"
<ok at cs.otago.ac.nz> wrote:

> Or "Minimal", "Reduced", and "Normal" suggesting
> (correctly) that you probably want to go for the "Normal" release unless
> you have some special reason for wanting a smaller one.

Yeah, I like this suggestion best. Maybe Minimal, Basic, and Normal. Basic
gives more information than Reduced (Reduced compared to what?)

Basic is the smallest image you can do reasonable development on. Normal
is, as Richard says, what most people want. Minimal is the smallest
(headless) image you can easily bootstrap from.

Later,
Jon