using Morphs

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Mon Mar 17 12:58:56 UTC 2003

Hi Janet --

Try a "Geemail", which can be found in the Supplies or Widgits flap.
It gives you a scrolling text galley that can be edited. You can drop
morphs into the Geemail and they will anchor themselves to a nearby
line. You can make the Geemail wider than the text and use the extra
width for pictures, sidebars, etc. Because of the anchoring, these
pictures will also travel with the text even if you insert more stuff
earlier. I have done quite elaborate documents with this.

Or, there are "books" which act a little like Hypercard stacks. A
textmorph can be dropped here, and will flow into columns and across
pages. Use the balloon help on the buttons at the top of the book to
find the one that will give you a bigger menu on top. Look at the
menu items, etc.

Let me know if you have difficulty.

P.S. You can easily use the kids etoys stuff to make bar graphs, etc....

Cheers,

Alan

-----