Squeak History

Aaron J Reichow reic0024 at d.umn.edu
Mon Mar 17 19:22:52 UTC 2003

Because on the pilot, even when there is 2, 4 or even 32 MB of RAM, you
can't get at it in continuous blocks.  I think only in 32K blocks.  (IIRC)
You *could* do a full-scale Smalltalk on a Palm, but you'd be doing a lot
more than a port of Squeak, you'd have to write a new VM to account for
the way PalmOS works.

Regards,
Aaron

  Aaron Reichow  ::  UMD ACM Pres  ::  http://www.d.umn.edu/~reic0024/
"a system based on exchanging products inevitably channels wealth to a few, and
   no governmental change will ever be able to correct that."  ::  daniel quinn