[MCP] [Q] Color change notification

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Tue Mar 18 18:55:15 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 18 March 2003 10:11 am, tblanchard at mac.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 10:01  AM, Ned Konz wrote:
> > I really don't like the distinction between Color, InfiniteForm,
> > and FillStyle. I'd much rather see the instvar "color" become
> > "fillStyle", ditching the fillStyle property. It would be easy to
> > convert Morphs on filein or in the image.
>
> Well I agree - but why isn't fillstyle a color?  It acts like a
> color and I think of it like a color.

Color is more primitive than that, and has other uses than just
filling things.

Fillstyles don't really act like a color in all cases -- that is, they
aren't generally able to answer their RGB constituents, etc.

> Also, I'd like to see some nice factory methods on Color's class
> because these things are all usable as colors.    For instance,
> Cocoa's NSColor has the lovely class method
>
> + (NSColor*)colorWithPatternImage:(NSImage*)image;
>
> Which will give you something that acts like an InfiniteForm.

I think these constructors should probably go on FillStyle class.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com