Squeak History / Tiny Machines

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Wed Mar 19 03:34:29 UTC 2003

Allen Wirfs-Brock wrote:
> follow on to the 432 work.  My understanding is that the i860 processor

A pitty they stopped at the roughly pentium equivalent 960 and then
switched to that ungodly monstrosity they are now calling itanium. =(

Speaking of old xerox computers, I reciently e-bayed myself an xerox 820
kit.

Most lamentably, the damn thing is too archaic to be worth building...
It has a _PARALELL_ keyboard interface, a bizzare monochrome video
output, and supports only SSSD floppies...

I had intended to build it and show it off but that has turned out to be
impractical for the reasons mentioned above and the fact the 64k of RAM
would, alone, cost $64....

I'm now looking for a machine from www.ultratechnology.com, at least
their kits should be reasonably modern...

--
Karl Marx is smiling.
http://users.rcn.com/alangrimes/