Squeak in robotics

Johannes Jansson j.jansson at qut.edu.au
Wed Mar 19 07:46:21 UTC 2003

Hello squeak list.
My name is Johannes and I just subscribed to the list. Hope I can find it
useful. I'm currently working on a project in robotics at Queensland
University of Technology, Australia. The idea of the project is to use
Squeak as a base for programming smart devices in a distributed manner.
Squeaks dynamic and effective OO properties makes it suitable for this
topic, and the open source and portability are also important. The only
problem is that Squeak is sequential and does not work in a distributed
manner. Hopefully my work will result in a Squeak version that's possible
to run distributed and fully concurrent, for you people to enjoy. And of
course a port that's suposed to be used in embedded devices.
I will probably run in to questions along the way and hope it's ok to throw
them out here.
I got the first one here, and I'm wondering whether there has been any work
with Squeak related to my work, and related to the earlier tries with
'Concurrent Smalltalk' and various distributed Smalltalk ideas?

cheers Johannes.