Instance variable question....

Brian Brown rbb at techgame.net
Wed Mar 19 08:40:09 UTC 2003

Greetings!

I'm playing with a Morph copied from IconicButton that displays an
MPEGDisplayMorph instead of a Form as it's graphic. The idea is to be able to
start and stop the movie by clicking the button. I have it *mostly* working, but
I wanted to something like the following as my actionSelector:

playToggle
	"Toggle the movie playing"

	(theMovie running)
	ifFalse: [theMovie startPlaying.]
	ifTrue: [theMovie stopPlaying.]

theMovie is an instance variable that points to my MPEGDisplayMorph; if I
instantiate one of these "MovieButton" objects, I can start and stop the movie
by evaluating:

buttonInstance target startPlaying

but trying to call playToggle or even trying to evaluate the instance variable:
running (part of MPEGDisplayMorph) gives a message not understood. Am I simply
not accessing or evaluating that instance variable correctly?

thanks!

Brian