SF area Squeak Gathering?

Dan Ingalls Dan at SqueakLand.org
Thu Mar 20 04:36:05 UTC 2003

[My apologies for the repeated post;   the first one had a bogus subject line
making it easy to miss and hard to keep track of by subject threads]

OK, folks -
A number of people wrote back, and we now have a  first meeting, and hopefully a series...

Charter
We come together to demonstrate and discuss computing systems of simplicity and power.

Since many of us work in Squeak, discussion may focus on improving Squeak's simplicity and power, or building simple or powerful systems on top of Squeak.  However the idea of the charter is to seek inspiration from other languages and systems as well.

Schedule
Meetings will take place at 5:30 pm on the third Wednesday of the month.

Location
The first meeting will take place at Craig Latta's house (thanks, Craig!) on April 16th.

We will supply the elements of synergy:  projector, Internet connection, pizza and beer.  We'll probably fine-tune the procedures and food for each meeting as we go along.  Craig asks that you contact him for directions to his house so that he will have some sense of how many people to expect (and please CC me for general coordination).

See you there and, if not, we'll do our best to summarize for the distribution list.

	- Dan