unfinished swiki page...

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 21 03:33:55 UTC 2003

Alan Grimes <alangrimes at starpower.net> wrote:

> In persuit of my linear-framebuffer effort, I realized I needed to know
> alot more about squeak primatives with the intent of gaining a better
> understanding of what the VM expects of any display driver...
>
> I hit the swiki with that question and found this rather amusing page
> from 1999: http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/603
eek; for a start it should be primitives not primatives.
Second, why do you think you need to make primitives for handling a
framebuffer? Code to make use of /dev/fb (and I suspect several
variants) has already been written by several people so you'd probably
be best off finding a copy. I can't remember the names but a search of
the archives must surely find some pointers. I did a really simple
version for the DEC Itsy several years ago and at least two people asked
for copies over time.

tim

Strange OpCodes: PS: Pirate Software