Ctrl-P the Purple Prose command.

Ned Konz ned at bike-nomad.com
Fri Mar 21 18:36:44 UTC 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 11:23 am, Alan Ferguson wrote:
> Early on, possibly even the first day I tried squeak I tripped
> over the ctrl-p command in the workspace when I really meant to
> do a Alt-p "print it". Ctrl-p turns my text purple and I could no
> longer edit it normally. Well, I don't think most squeakers call
> it the purple prose comand, but that is my pet overly descriptive,
> cliché name for it. It doesn't really turn 3+4 into  "3's smooth
> round mounds was the object of desire of 4's angled features"
> (Yikes, I can't believe im going to hit send)
>
> It took me a while to figure out that I could turn my text normal
> again with an alt-0 but I still don't know what ctrl-p for.
> Clicking on the text, gets a "current project doesn't know a server
> either" message. Hu? What's up with that?

Help/Command Key Help

shows that Ctrl-P is "Make Project Link", whatever that is. Perhaps
you name the project?

Yup, that's it. Just type the name of a project, select the text and
hit ctrl-P. Now when you click on that text you'll be transported to
the named project.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com